Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Kindergarten
I just finished kindergarten. Here is a picture from the first day of school.
Here are some of the special things we did in school. We had cafeteria day, and it was my first time buying hot lunch. This was to practice for first grade. We had recess everyday, and I liked to talk to my friends. We had Open House where we showed all the things we made after reading Eric Carle books. We had 2 field trips. We went to the theater and saw a show and went to the farm.
We celebrated holidays at school. On Halloween we had a parade, and my class was first in line. On November 14, we had a Jog-A-Thon. I got a medal for running the most laps in my class. We had a Thanksgiving party, and we played stuff the turkey in room 2.
We had a kindergarten show called Kinder-Animals. We sang 7 songs. They were The Chicken Dance, Never Smile at a Crocodile, I want to be like you, Hound Dog, Walk the Dinosaur, You are a Human Animal, and our school song. I was chosen to lead the Pledge of Allegiance in front of all the people who came to see the show. I was excited and nervous.
I went to Enrichment after Kindergarten in the afternoon. I had lots of fun there. We did projects. We did cooking projects and art projects. On Wednesdays we watched movies. On the second to last day of school, there was a magic show. On the last day of school, there was a big bouncy slide with a basketball hoop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! You had an amazing year in Kindergarten. You've grown and changed so much. I hope I recognize you when I see you!
ReplyDeleteThat big boucy slide must have been fun.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy to read your blog and to learn about kindergarden. Now I know you really did something instead of "nothing" when I asked, "what did you do today". Glad you had such a great year.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe my baby is finished with Kindergarten. I am so proud of all you accomplished in Kindergarten. I know you will have a terrific year in first grade too.
ReplyDelete